2011 Season Blog Entries
The 2011 blog articles have been moved to relevant parts of the Lakeice site. The following is a list of links to their current locations. In many cases the articles are part way down a long page.
December 28 to January 17
- The first of several articles on Ice Fever (The Ice Siren Calls)
- Difficult to see transitions from thicker, older ice to newer, thinner ice.
- Tragedy at Nubansuit Lake in New Hampshire: a review of ice situation and the public discourse.
- Physiologic Response to Cold Water Immersion-By David Clauss. M.D.
January 18, 2011 to February 5, 2011
- Dave's City Ice Story: Another article on the Ice Fever Page - about 1/3 of the way down the page.
- Water flow patterns on snow ice. (blog 1/24)
- More from Lloyd Roberts about experience and experiments with cold water clothing in Maine(blog 2/2). Lloyd's comments are about half way down the page.
- Rapture of the Ice and Post Immersion Stress Syndrome-Lloyd Roberts (Blog 2/5) -near the bottom of the page.
February 6 to 21
- Great skate on Lake George 2/20
- DN Racer, Eric Anderson's perspective on checking ice for racing and on clothing - Near the bottom of the page.
Late February to Mid April
- Ice Out on Lake Champlain
- Blog entry on the end of season ice
- Blog Entry on late season black ice -Fairly far down the 'Ice Fever' page.
- Eric Anderson on a close call on Lake Vatternis, Sweden at the 2006 DN Iceboat world championship. - Near the bottom of the 'Ice Fever' page
- Blog entry on foot traction.